Update: DD finished her 10th session last Thursday and she has reported that she has noticed she is sleeping much better and she has had no nightmares recently..YAY! She is still able to quickly answer math facts and she seems to be calmer (not talking a mile a minute and staying on topic).

Originally Posted by Pemberley
According to his website he also uses it for anxiety, ASD, SPD, LD's, etc. I have been curious but don't want to expose DD to anything unproven just to TRY to help her - know what I mean? I would love to read updates on how your DD is doing with it!

We were told that it will also work for her anxiety and PDD-NOS/ASD and if so, that would just be icing on the cake. In my research I found that while it may help with these issues ("possibly efficacious"), the studies thus far have all shown improvement for ADHD subjects with no negative side effects ("probably efficacious").

It appears that the only reason it is not yet covered by our health insurance is that none of the studies controlled for other treatment factors (i.e. the participants may have been going to counseling concurrently which may have impacted the degree of effectiveness). My DD has also started going to a Psychologist for CBT, I don't care if I never know which one helped the most as long as DD is seeing improvement!