NFT doesn't claim to cure autism or so many very distinct problems. It's a drug-free, non-invasive, natural, self-regulating approach to help restore the brain's ability to function.

ADHD and autism are different, but many people with ADHD and autism have other problems, such as sleep and anxiety, that stem from the brain's ability to regulate itself. With very young children (i.e. under 3), we know that early intervention and therapy can make a world of difference - even with some autistic kids. At some point, perhaps when a child is 7/8 yrs old, NFT might be something to consider and an option. I don't know, but I think a lot of parents with kids who are autistic are willing to explore and find out if there are alternative treatments which may help.

NFT is not a magic cure, but it can make a huge difference and possibly greatly reduce or eliminate some disorders. Does it work for everyone? No. But it should still be considered with other forms of alternative treatments instead of accepting autism, ADHD, LDs, etc. to not be improved for the duration of a person's life. I'm sure with autism, in particular, that children with PDD have a better chance of success with NFT than someone with severe autism, which may receive no benefit or results. There is a wide range with the autism spectrum, so you'd really have to look into NFT.

I understand your skepticism with NFT. I was skeptical of vision therapy. That's seen as pseudoscience and bogus by many doctors and ophthalmologists. And yet, I can say that it can make a difference and help. Many professional athletes, executives, and others are using vision therapy to give them an edge in their endeavors - I've heard that a similar thing is occurring with NFT. It doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention in the media; drugs are constantly being advertised to us - and many of them which are rather gender-specific shall we say.

I haven't read it, but there is a book - Autism: Effective Biomedical Treatments by Jon Pangborn and Sidney Baker - that might help. Healing Young Brains has one chapter on autism and the authors admit that "implementing several treatment modalities usually produces the best results, especially neurofeedback. It is our opinion that, overall, neurofeedback is the most effective treatment in restoring a child to a level of well-being that is meaningful." You don't have to agree with these authors though.

NFT is not the same as using medication to alter the chemistry in the brain. It's a different approach. Parents have to be invested in it. Otherwise, it's not going to be effective.