So you were right,GeoFizz, about the DRA. I asked the teacher about it and she replied, "The highest level I have given him is a 12, so he is most likely instructional at 14. Based on his reading on the 12, I don't think he would be independent on the 14, but, possibly. I haven't given it yet, due to the time it takes. I will have time in January to give the next level." School is not doing the testing/eval until after the holidays (which I agreed to); so I am thinking that's why she can put it off until January but does plan to do it in January. I am okay with that. He seems fine where he is and I think he needs the time to build his esteem. He is not used to finding reading 'easy' and fun as he went quite awhile due to his vision disorder barely staying on grade level as he he kept trying to get higher and couldn't. Reading was overwhelmingly difficult for him and he wanted to master it so badly. But I will check in with her in January to remind her to do the DRA on him all the way up to his true instructional level before the testing.

Last edited by marytheres; 12/12/12 09:41 AM.