I'm now highly skeptical of all online checklists of signs and symptoms of various things. Going on things I find online, my kids aren't gifted, my DD isn't dyslexic, and I have OCD. And yet, they're both gifted, DD is most certainly dyslexic, and anyone taking one glance at me or my office knows I'm far from OCD.

As a point of reference on the right vs left bit: I coached soccer for 13 girls age 8-10 last year. I discovered when trying to debug some serious positioning problems that only 7 were solid on right versus left. From there on out, I wrote in pen on their right hand at the start of each game. I'd say 9 were solid with RL 7 months later with 4 still checking their hands as they ran out onto the field each time.

I think R-L comes over a very wide time window for normally developing kids.

A neuropsych can sort this out, and can most certainly make a diagnosis of dyslexia that a school will recognize. This can be particularly useful for a kid who's had a checkered past with the school, and they will sort out differences between ability and performance without regard to grade level.