Hi all. So more problems here ... I can not tell you how depressing this getting frown

My son (age 7)was given the DDT to screen for dyslexia. His performance resulted in the mild range of dyseidesia ( he scored 20% on the dyseidesia section) . He scored normal range for dysphonesia - or so they tell me that this is normal; however, his score was 60%, which seemed low to me and some things on the internet say this is a 'borderline' score. The examiner also noted my son had much trouble completing the encoding portion.

Apparently, dyseidesia is "a type of dyslexia characterized by a deficit in the ability to perceive whole words as visual gestalts and match with auditory gestalts." At least it was characterized as "mild," I guess (although, again, I thought 20% sounded low and I looked it up on the internet and and on the internet 20% is characterized as 'moderate'). The examiner also noted that the "encoding portion of the assessment was very challenging for DS to complete." But I did not get a score on that section and I am not sure what that means in terms of dyslexia.

Anyway, I have no idea what I am suppose to do now - get more evaluations or what... I think this test is just a screening measure. So far, I have only discussed the test results with one of his vision therapists not the doctor.

I can not begin to tell you how depressing this is getting. I mean, I strongly suspected a form of dyslexia but, of course, I hoped I would be wrong. And I thought dyslexia had only to do with problems with phonics. Anyway, if you have any advice or insight, I'd certainly welcome it. Just wondering what I do now. Also, my son has a vision disorder (intermittent convergent strabismus) for which he is receiving vision therapy. Any advice, insight, words of wisdom, etc., would be very much appreciated.