I would dearly love to know what "gravitational insecurity" means! I suspect it's not what I think.

I am very similar to almost everything you posted here, so you are not alone. I have never thought of myself as "gifted", but I've always known I was the smartest person in the room no matter how big the room was -- my whole family is that way. My oldest brother flew under the radar all his life, except to people who really knew him, but the rest of us have always stuck out like sore thumbs. They didn't even have "gifted" in my school -- it was just competition between me and one boy for the top of the class, and teachers finding us things to do.

I've always been a social nightmare. In grade school, I had my nose in a book and didn't notice anything, but by junior high and high school I was being bullied and threatened and outcast, and I never had a clue as to why people acted that way toward me. Someone told me that if everyone had a problem with me, that the problem was me, but that didn't make any sense because I hadn't done anything wrong that I could see -- just pointing out the obvious and saying what I thought and what I knew. I'm still that way, although I have learned how to "make nice" a little bit better. But I still get depressed trying to figure out why people react to me the way they do.

I probably wouldn't even notice what Temple Grandin was wearing. I know there is a serious difference between me and normal women as far as that stuff goes -- I wear jeans from the thrift store, and t-shirts with funny stuff on them, and sneakers until they wear out and then I get a new pair, can't be bothered with makeup, cut my hair when I can't stand it anymore. I stand around on the edges when it comes to the parents at the school, feel like a wallflower all the time, despise crowds and social things.
As for Asperger's, I haven't been diagnosed by anybody but myself. When I started researching it concerning DS, I realized that if they had had AS when I was a kid, I would have been diagnosed with it for sure -- except my mom would never have let anyone hang the label on me. I took a quiz called Autism Spectrum Quotient on Facebook, not sure if the quiz posted here is that one or not, and scored a definite hit. It was my cousin who linked to it originally, and she was higher than I was -- and she has a son with AS, and I would not hesitate to say at least two other cousins have it as well.