Are there any parents of grade skipped teen (or older) girls on this board? Now that my oldest is in high school, the subject of dating is becoming more real. She had a "boyfriend" for a bit in middle school, but it was pretty innocent and he was the youngest in grade (bd on the day of the school entry cut-off) so he was only a year older than dd. Dd's bd is very close to the cut date as well, which made her the youngest in grade pre-skip and now, post-skip, most of the kids in dd's grade are 1-2.5 yrs older than she.

On top of that, in general, she seems to prefer the kids in the older grades. There is also more mixing of the grades in classes in high school. She is in classes with a number of sophomores and some juniors.

For the most part, I'd say that the boys who seem to be noticing dd are significantly older than she. She is, at this point, fine with the idea that she can't date a 16 y/o, for instance (she's 13), but I wonder how this works longer run. Being HG+, she doesn't seem to find peers easily (male or female) and thus tends to be drawn more to older people for friends. I worry that will be the same in the boyfriend department especially since the boys who notice her also seem to be quite a bit older.

Dh and I have quite an age difference ourselves, but I was 25 when we started dating. I see even a few years of age difference to be more problematic in teens. Thoughts on how HG girls who are often in classes and extracurriculars with older boys find boyfriends who are both intellectually and emotionally appealing and not way older?