Originally Posted by Wyldkat
Originally Posted by Littlewisestone
I think I have probably approached this in every way imaginable... seriously. I actually think ahead of time what to answer because it ALWAYS comes up... especially when DD5 says something "inappropriate for her age"

such as...

"Oh, your ice is melting because the molecules are heating up."

That's inappropriate? (Coming from a mom whose 5 year old used the word googleplex correctly, understanding it's meaning, at 3.)

Ha, these posts are making me realize that perhaps my expectations of normal are a bit skewed, and I don't really think of my DS as really out there gifted, but neither of those statements seem particularly age inappropriate to me.lol I remember well learning about googolplex myself when I had to google (ha!) it for my preschooler. smile

This brings to mind something I have been wondering: do your children converse with adults more comfortably than other kids their age? I was thinking about this recently. My DS has always been comfortable striking up conversations with adults, but I realize when I think about my friends' kids that are his age, I don't think that I have ever had a conversation with them that I didn't start. DS, on the other hand, is happy to chat away with adults on a variety of topics. Mostly, people seem charmed by this, but sometimes I wonder if they find it strange.