Hmmm. You bring up an interesting point. I did waive my right to a special education IEP program yesterday due to his RIAS scores. They said that these services are reserved for the higher scoring individuals that truly need an additional plan (She did not give a specific score range, but I'm assuming she was referring to the HG population). I am OK with this at this point. His teacher was present and she was in agreement that going to the pullout program would be sufficient for him at this time. This is his last year in elementary (4th grade) and he will go to an academic magnet middle next year, so I feel that he will be sufficiently challenged there. He has maintained a straight A average over the last three years, so I do not suspect a learning disability. Processing speed is the only thing that I have been concerned about, due to performance on timed tests, but I do not think it is hindering him enough to be a major issue at this point. He is however entering a new academic magnet middle school next year, so if there were a chance that there was any disability, etc., it would be good to know before we move into the more "rigorous" curriculum. I'm thinking we could cross that bridge when it comes though, so probably no need for the WISC at this time. Thanks for the feedback!