He took the KBIT-2. That is good info regarding the difference in norms-thanks for sharing!!

The G&T is a weekly pullout-not phenomenal, but it does broaden horizons once you're in (specialized summer camps, competitions, etc., etc.) I have not pursued it before this year because he's been fine in the standard classroom, (well, academically that is, he has always been the wild child of the class per se). I also wasn't crazy about him missing 2-3 hours of class-time weekly. This year however I am seeing a decline in his grades (still straight A's but barely A's, example grades will be 100,100, 95 ,97,50) I'll ask what is the 50 all about?? And he'll say, oh I just didn't get to it, or some other excuse, almost like he doesn't care.

This year He is actually begging to be a part of the pullout program and brings it up weekly. I've tried to talk it down to make him lose interest but it hasn't worked : ( It doesn't help that most of his best buds go to the program. All of this began when he got a perfect score on the state standardized test last spring in Math and near perfect on some other subtests. When he didn't pass the CoGat we were kind of scratching our heads, simply because of the discrepancy in achievement. It appears that he ran out of time on the CoGat. They hand score the Cogat tests in our school district, so we never received any formal scores, profiles, etc., just a notice of non-passing and a few numbers.

It definitely seems like he is hitting the ceiling achievement-wise this year-when we met with his teacher for p/t conferences she told us that "we really don't know his reading level, because the test we give only goes up to 9th grade level, so his reading level is somewhere at or above the 9th grade" He's motivated by goals, but once he hits them (usually early) he's not getting more goals from the teachers and he loses motivation.

He will enter middle school next year and they do not offer advanced classes until 7th grade, so I think the program would definitely be good for 5th and 6th grades, if nothing else to meet/be with peers. The school is much larger / crowded than his Elem. school and I worry about him slipping through the cracks. We've applied for a magnet but it's a lottery after you make the academic requirement. Keeping fingers crossed on that one. Wow I'm rambling! Sorry! I'll stop now : )

Purpleviolin thanks for sharing your scores- That is in line with what the original screener told us. How were your DS7's processing/memory scores? If we do decide to pursue the WISC IV, I'm a little worried that my DS9 might have issues with speed seeing as how he ran out of time on the CoGat.
Thanks again for your replies!