Originally Posted by Kriston
In the end, it's not my life; it's my child's. They're all different. And thank goodness for that! smile

Lovely post, Kriston. I am exactly where you are at. My intense career years were great. I didn't have DS until 30. I spent my 20's working 60+ hours a week and travelling overseas. I wouldn't trade it for everything. But our lives now are so full and wonderful and I love being able to be home while our kids are small. It's not for everyone, but it has worked well for us and we have a much more relaxed lifestyle for it. When I think of going back to work I think of pouring my heart into a small non-profit or working in education. So far from where I started my career.

Definitely all kids should have their options wide open. And the children of the parents on this board are obviously particularly lucky in this regard. I do think if a person has great passion, they will succeed and be happy at whatever they choose to do - from electrician to corporate lawyer to parent. You can feed their passions, but not necessarily choose them.