Thank you for all these comments. There are so few kids finishing undergraduate school by 14 in the NYC metropolitan area, that they are profiled in the news. So if there is one per year, it didn't make Ruf's case and the IQ scores from Giga and Ruf's book didn't line up.

But in these profiles, the kids couldn't be held back from finishing college at 14. The parents usually tried to give them socialization through sports. One girl was a black belt in karate.

I thought this would be a level 5 example. I did not get this kid of profile from Ruf's book description of her level 5s. So I am wondering if there is a level 6 that would be like in the Giga.

I didn't think Ruf's book was a "how to" like I was renovating a kitchen. I may be non-linear but I am an engineer by education and pretty practical in my approach. As an applied engineer who went to Wall St and likes to trade derivative options, even a subjective science like economics has models.

So the bottom line, where I think we all agree, is that Ruf wrote a good layman's guide to the parent who wonders if their child is gifted. And then you figure it out. If you are in NYC, like me, you have gifted options. If you are in Wyoming (where I couldn't find a gas station for 50 miles) you seriously think about homeschooling. Luckily, the Internet and DVDs abound with stuff to supplement.

Now: I have asked about Marica Gross. What books do people recommend that are more practical. And I know bellaonline recomemnded one that I could not find, with four authors. Or maybe I could find it at amazon, but being a library addict didn't want to buy it. If the NYPL doesn't have it or borrow it from some university library, I look for something else.

And what I mean, is specific acceleration issues based on personality profiles. Like Ruf said that homeschooling is not recommended for the extrovert child.

I brought up acceleration is now an concern due to social changes, serious social changes at the middle school level and if you have a 9 year old, mixing with 11 and 12 year olds having oral sex that is a lot to deal with.

Ren