Originally Posted by Wren
If you are in NYC, like me, you have gifted options. If you are in Wyoming (where I couldn't find a gas station for 50 miles) you seriously think about homeschooling. Luckily, the Internet and DVDs abound with stuff to supplement.

Hey, watch it, I don't live in Wyoming, but compared to Manhattan, I might as well. smile And I think it's a great place to have a level 4 kid.

We have a lot of dedicated teachers who get genuinely excited about a kid who loves to learn. We don't have a lot of kids going on to college and the teachers love it when they have a student with potential and bend over backwards to help him/her out. So life has been good for us and we haven't even felt the need to full grade accelerate.

A PG ranch kid (who grew up about 100 miles outside of the nearest town) who went to a mediocre high school just graduated from an local liberal arts college and then headed off to England on a Marshall scholarship (she was also first alternate for the Fulbright). PG kids can thrive in a variety of places.