Originally Posted by HoneyBadger
. the only thing that helps sometimes is drawing him a time chart with 15 minutes increments marks on it, and keeping track of what he's been doing all afternoon long.
First of all, it's awesome that you have found one thing that works. I say - work it! Do it everyday all summer long.

Your next step is to work on you. Theoretically that will be easier than it would be to work on someone else, right? Consider yourself a 'lab experiment' to figure out what works for someone who is genetically similar, right?

How to solve the messy house problem? Check out the flylady thread. Just follow the directions, even though they don't look like they will work! This is an experiment in trust and experiential learning. In 30 days you will have learned a boatload about how to have the life you want.

We really get to know ourselves when it comes time to making a decision - this item right here - do I love it? do I need it? does it make me smile?

If you can't answer yes to at least one of those questions, then the item has to leave the house. Then you won't have to spend all day trying to 'organize clutter' which is not possible! You will have more time for parenting and you will be in a better mood. You will start to know who you are in a deeper way than before. You will be ready to help your son get what he needs - but this isn't an instant cure...you have to really change first. Allow yourself at least 3 months of working on your end of the problem before you do anything new with DS, besides what you know already works - the time map.

Love and more love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com