Originally Posted by MumOfThree
She has a 43 point (83 percentile point) gap between her VCI and her WMI. So it's hard perhaps to compare to a child whose blend of G/LD produces closer to "average" or "high average" performance than my DDs does.
My dd has an 43 point spread btwn her VCI and WMI as well but in her instance that came out to the difference btwn an average score on WMI and above the 99th on VCI so just a bit more than 52% difference. Both times she was tested, her VCI was like that and WMI and PSI average, but not really below. In knowing her, I strongly suspect that what suppressed the WMI and PSI were tons of mistakes not actually doing things slowly on PSI, for instance. Yet, she still looks average or above even with those mistakes and divergences.

I think that my dh, while he didn't have as bad of a time as it sounds like your dd would have without any interventions, had a hard enough time that he didn't come out as well as dd would have with no assistance. I do have the experience of having grown up knowing something was different about me and interpreting that as something wrong, but I was just straight gifted not 2e so it was easy enough to get to that "aha" moment and heal once I realized that dd12 was gifted and to realize that had also been my problem. I could accept that about myself b/c my school performance had, for the most part, been very good and I didn't question whether I was smart.

I guess that I was just wondering if a 2e person who doesn't struggle in school, at least as long as s/he isn't pushed to his/her ability level, would also grow up knowing that s/he was different in some way and feel misplaced in the world if neither exceptionality was ever ided. It sounds like, for the most part, that you all think s/he would.