Nik, I've not kept the dx from dd. She truly doubts that she is gifted and I've not shared her exact IQ scores with her other than to give her a general idea of her profile and that, one of the times, her IQ came out higher than anyone else in the family who has been tested b/c she thinks that she is the slow one in the family. She thinks that must be inaccurate and doesn't matter.

I've also shared the ADD dx with her and she was part of that process. I just wonder if we had never sought either dx whether she'd be better off as a high-avg kid in her mind rather than questioning the gifted id.

She does have to work harder than dd12 has in the GT and subject accelerated classes so I'm assuming that she has to work harder than the average gifted kid in GT placement. However, I don't think that she has to work harder than the average kid in an average class. She daydreams and gets As in those types of classes.

My dh, also ADD, on the other hand struggled in the more typically paced classes due to his deficits. He thought, and still thinks, that he must be stupid b/c he had to work so hard. I am kind of thinking that dd is more able than dh or dh is more disabled by ADD than dd. I do think that dh is likely 1-2 SDs above the mean and more likely 2 than 1 with significant impairments that kept him from performing as such.