If the person is leading a happy and fulfilling life, if she has an understanding of her strengths, weaknesses and interests (without scores), then this would be ok in my book.

We chose not to use medication for my non gifted, high average daughter. Sometime she gets frustrated with her concentration issues and the length of time it takes her to complete work. But, she is achieving mostly A's in a competitive HS taking a mix of Honors, AP and college prep classes. She is comfortable in her own skin, learning to self advocate, understands her learning style. She will be applying to college next year and should have some great options.

Would medication put her in a different bucket? Maybe, maybe not. And maybe when she can make decisions for herself, she will try medication. But for now, she is happy and doing well. Maybe I would feel differently if she were highly gifted - but I don't think so.

And I'm not against medication. My complex, gifted, 2-E son takes medication. But he has so many challenges, we felt it was necessary to address the attention issues and take at least one challenge of his plate.