It all sounds like a normal healthy child to me she sounds like a fine individual, but I found out much later that my own childhood wasn't anywhere near normal. So, I couldn't help you there. The way you're wording it you seem to be asking about aspbergers. Not saying that's what I think it is, just saying you pointed out the eye contact and finger flapping. Which people mention when asking about aspberger's. I would think it is normal behavior too, but then again, I never heard of aspbergers and barely heard of autism before.

Meanwhile, as we wait for someone to help you out better with that, may I recommend giving Aurora Lippor's Supercharged Science a try. I'm still trying to see if it works well for younger developed kid's. Mine's just turned 3 and he's nowhere near a 4th grade level anything. LoL. Let me tell you my latest story. I know he knows what half means (not the symbol), and he knows his numbers and can read (not solve) simple equations. Today I decided to show him fractions. I made a grid square (pg 1 calculus by and for kids, can't recommend it yet) and said look, here's a cake. I eat half and you eat half. I colored half, said there's your half. I said well I'm just going to take half of the half (colored it) there's one quarter. Which one's 1/2, top or bottom? I asked. He told me, told me which was 1/4. But then he told me, "you need to make yours bigger."

Oh yeah, ps. We're working on a way to calm down faster at my house. You'd have to practice this for fun when she's not over excited. And it will be a long time before she can control herself with this technique. Put an invisible orange in her hand. Tell her to squeeze all the juice out of it. Put one in her other hand. Squeeze out the juice. Now squeeze the juice out of both of them. Drop them on the floor and shake your hands. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Don't know if it works. But if it does, if you can learn to control yourself in the presence of fear, hurt, or anger then, well, you"ll have less problems to deal with all at once.

PPS. Please post pictures of Alaska, thanks.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar