Originally Posted by Artana
Grinity, I so agree with you. I have OEs, and may even toe the line of Aspeger's, but nothing tells me what I can do to deal with them. I have the sensory overload issue, but I function normally in work environments; however, if I have two children speaking loudly, both wanting my attention, one of them messing with my chair or tugging on my shirt, my stress levels suddenly go through the roof. I feel very overloaded. I also can't go into dance clubs, or anywhere where people will bump me and I have to deal with lots of noise.:/

I think there should be research into this topic.
What have you found that works so far? Artana
We have a family joke based on the time I blurted out: "I can only do 3 things at a time!" (apparently I felt like I was being asked to do 4 things)

Who can be calm with 2 kids bidding for attention at the same time?

Do any of us? What have other parents done to handle this?

I took 'preventitive steps' and only had one child - but that doesn't seem like a helpful answer - oh wait - do you get a chance to set up 1-to-1 dates with each child on a regular basis?

2nd advice is to help the children develop their inner resources so that they don't have to be stuck in the cycle of emotional neediness, or maybe even can be a resource to each other? For that I like the 2008 edition of Howard Glasser's bookTransforming the Difficult Child. Which is what got me started on meditating, since I had to find something to do while I was 'taking the batteries out.'

I'd love to hear what is working for other parents -
Love and More Love
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com