Originally Posted by 10applesupontop
I get so many stares from other people for explaining things to my little girl. It really makes me feel self-conscious, but she just sucks it all in. My favorite thing to do is tell her all about an exhibit, and then the next time we get to that exhibit she will say something like,

look mom, there is the red and black anemonefish. It is called that because it hides in the anemone. Oh, and up there is a blue surgeon fish. (We just got back from the aquarium. She actually said this about 2 hours ago.)

That makes me feel a little less silly.

Most people just think I'm crazy. wink We wear DD on our backs often because we use public transit quite a bit and there aren't any elevators/escalators for all those stairs. So many people see this lady with what looks like a backpack on walking down the street talking to herself and pointing out everything around her. laugh But if I don't DD freaks out, so what can you do?

Originally Posted by 10applesupontop
But, I still get moments of panic thinking that I am failing her. I already feel bad for never teaching her to sign and not doing that Your baby can read program. (I am also worried about getting pregnant again. I am already feeling guilty.)

As far as the reading thing. Maybe I am being selfish. I must read her 50 books a day. How many times do you think I read 10 apples up on top a day? It would be nice to have her sit quietly in the corner reading away.

But, I will cont to take a real laid back approach to everything. It would be horrible to mess up what we got going for us now. She truly loves to learn. I don;t even think she knows she is learning.

It is so much fun.

I can really relate to the pregnancy thing. We've basically decided to wait until DD's older because there is just no way we could keep up with 2 of her! We definitely want more kids and I think DD would love a sibling but she just demands so much of our attention right now that unless we have a happy surprise it's just not going to happen right now.