Dottie, Thanks so much for posting the talent info. I will look into it.

You are absolutely, in no way whatsoever, deflating my sails. In fact, I'm so glad that you understand. I can't tell you how good that feels right now.

I understand what you are saying about the Lexile measures. In this state apparently each book is assigned a Lexile score and, Sophie's able to read and comprehend much more advanced stuff than what's currently in her classroom. I personally don't need a test score to tell me this, though. We had a hard time with this last year as she was reading adult stuff ( I can't monitor it all, and she reads so darn fast that by the time I've gotten to it, it's read). She was getting anxiety as she was able to "get" stuff that she wasn't emotionally able to handle. Anyhow, this is another topic altogether (I may write about this later...)

My daughter turned 9 two weeks ago. She took the Stanford exam at the end of second grade.

I double checked the math procedures section on her test and it does span to the 99 percentile. Now I'm wondering if I'm reading it wrong because the National PR-S is 97-9. Does that mean that it's the 97th percentile? The percentile band does go all the way to the 99th percentile.

How old is your son? Why does he sound so much like my daughter? When did you find out that he was g/t?

I'm not sure what our school offers. The whole thing is kind of hush hush'ed. They are phenomenal with students with disabilities but, with this stuff, I get the feeling that I should just be quiet and be greatful that I have a smart child. Nothing is made known. You have to dig for info here. I've never heard of those tests so I'm thinking that they don't have 'em. I'll see if I can find out.

Oh, and by the way, I know that the Sanford is not a measure of either IQ or giftedness but just thought that it may warrant further investigation since she scored so well. But, like I said, noone said a thing to me about it. If I want anything done, I have to be forceful about it and I really, really don't want to be the obnoxious mom who the school runs when they see coming and then have it taken out on my kids by the staff. I feel that I need to approach this in a way that is win-win. Just not too sure how to do this or if I even have a case for it based on what I know intuitively, how she is at home and her test scores.

-Ellen