Originally Posted by BWBShari
I agree with Kriston. MY DS had had nightmares since he was tiny about things that the ND child would never fathom. We have to wait till he goes to bed to watch the news because he stresses over everything.

I stopped reularly watching TV a long time ago. I do not see how people can watch it and stay sane. The parade of insanity, intellectual passivity, intolerance, violence against the weak, and cliches would drown any sensitive mind. The majority of the focus is on eliciting an emotional reaction and a sensitive person just takes it too much.

One of my favorite examples of the inanity is "Murder She Wrote."

"This is a very nice town." the protagonist would say.

If true, then why do people get killed on every show in your nice town, lady!?!? Death follows you like like the Grim Reaper. Your town is the murder capital of the world!! And you make your living off blood money!!

Just about every variety show and news program is a one minute country and western song crammed into the 30 minues or two hours.

I sometimes like to watch "news" shows with the sound turned off but with CC on. The body language and facial expressions is sometimes out of phase with the CC - especially the so-called experts. Its like watching a Japanese movie dubbed in English.

Last edited by Austin; 02/05/09 11:19 AM.