Originally Posted by BWBShari
My son is 6 now and gets a kick out of these situations. He'll see me struggling with my latest tactic amd start adressing me about Pascal's triangle or some other fact he pulls out. This is generally when these adults make their exits, presumably out of fear that this small person will ask them next.

ROTF LMAO! laugh

I'm so glad to read this thread... I'm in exactly the same boat. Sometimes when I feel sassy I say DD 24 mos. is really 6 years old because she was conceived 5 years before she was born, but then I have to go on to explain she was a frozen embryo, etc.

We are also looking into preschools and daycares for the fall. DD is on the waiting list for the one at the university where DH works - fingers are crossed because that one would be purrrrrrfect for our little kitten. We stopped by a month ago to see where we were on the wait list and DD excitedly grabbed the hand of a passer-by and took her on a narrated tour of the place (DD led the tour and narrated even though she'd not been there before). The passer-by happened to be the director. Hello! DD has been on the waiting list since before she was born. shocked It's overwhelming to shop around beyond that but I've started.