The BLS stats for elementary teachers in CA show a mean salary of 77K and in NC a mean of 45K. Those work out to the same more or less adjusted for cost of living. So Val is right mathematically, but I wouldn't head out west.

The assertion that the test taker is responsible for failing the test relies on the assumption that the test provider is not making errors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-problems-a-list/?utm_term=.ac8c8ae18529

"[C]ulture emphasizing profitability and cost-cutting" doesn't sound like a paragon of pedagogy.

I think I'm being upset on a subconscious level here because the pejorative dumb/dummies is being bandied about here against people who aren't even present. For nearly forty years I had it drilled into me that before there were terms like 2e and learning disabilities there was only dumb an lazy. That my life was better for those terms not being the go to explanation anymore.

I may internally struggle with understanding why people have so much trouble learning skills, but I don't attack them and call them dumb. In fact I lay most of the blame on myself. If I was better at teaching they would understand. I was taught that the one way to know that you actually learned something is not passing a multiple choice test, but can you actually teach it to someone else.

Last edited by mckinley; 08/07/18 08:24 AM.