I brought the instrument to our "fix it" guy. I cannot tell you how elated I was to find out the instrument had all kinds of problems! Bent pieces, air issues - you name it. Who knew I would be happy to get news of a bill to be paid? DD was so sure it was her - not the instrument. I pulled her aside after school to tell her. She grinned sheepishly. I teased her about her insistence that it was all her fault that she couldn't hit those high notes. This is her third year in band so we shouldn't be hearing squeaks!! I do wonder why this class is giving her the most grief. It's an elective! She even says the band director is one of her favorite teachers.
polarbear - DD definitely is not in puberty mode - but DD11 sure is. She's a great role model of a whiny, cranky 6th grader. Oh - my - gosh. So, yes, DD10 is immersed in drama even if she has a ways to go before it hits her.
Honestly - I think this moving into middle school as a younger kid is tough. Most of the kids have no idea she is younger, but DD is very aware of her difference. Perhaps she is experiencing chronic low level stress that plays into her anxiety. She is back to climbing into bed with DH and I in the middle of the night. She is also very very "huggy". I gave her several smooshy hugs and kisses before bed this evening, and she just loved it (she is just so darn cute!!!!).