Originally Posted by blackcat
She was acting like she was intoxicated and manic at the same time.
DS' med change made him look like he was on quaaludes. He told me it was "mellowing him out...a little too much." smirk

Originally Posted by BSM
Another option is to have a late assignment provision written into your 504. We are almost ready to ask for this, but so far this year the teachers seem reasonable about late assignments due to struggling with disabilities.

Parenting though is an endless task as you have spend what seems like half your life explaining these things to people, and trying to be patient in the mean time. But its worth it of course. Your DS seems like a good kid that just needs some help and time.
He has an extended time accommodation but it is only one extra day. So far, he hasn't really needed it. He will, without a doubt, as the year progresses. He's about to need it on a (you guessed it) writing assignment, because he's written about 20 pages, and two different pieces, for what needs to only be a short creative writing piece. So this weekend will be a lot of fun (sarcasm).

DS is the NICEST kid, he is so "good." Upstanding morals, very high standards for himself (although not really academic ones, just his ethical code), honest to a fault. He literally wouldn't (want to) hurt a flea: he found one on our cat and accidentally squashed it and was full of guilt and regret, felt a need to confess. No social savvy, though.

Originally Posted by OCJD
Eco, I don't have any advice but I am sending you support and warm wishes.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by BSM
I had a lengthy phone conversation with her in which I explained DS's diagnoses, medications, struggles, and so on until she started to see the forest for the trees.
I've had no luck whatsoever explaining DS to anyone who doesn't want to understand.

I am considering having someone else do my explaining, because apparently I do not have the magic touch.