Originally Posted by Portia
I am going against the grain here. Given that he is 3, I would say he just went through an intellectual growth period. Many of the concerns seem focused around sensory and visual/motor to me. I think a thorough evaluation from a sensory OT that addresses gaps would be a worthwhile Investment. The growth period appears uneven to me, which is why I feel gaps would be important to address. I, personally, feel if these gaps are not addressed, then secondary delays may develop.

I am normally a big advocate for vision therapy. However, I feel your son is too young at this time. I would keep my eye on vision development for the next several years and readdress after age 5, if relevant.

Portia, this pretty much sums up my instinctive response. Our local children's hospital has a good sensory OT program for kids aged 5-12; I'm going to ask DS' ped (who has admitting privileges there) if she thinks an evaluation is warranted.

I've been very consciously trying to work on building strength and supporting vestibular processing by encouraging park play and taking him swimming (the latter with mixed results).

What is to give light must endure burning.