Originally Posted by Irena
Incidentally, I hate to sound on someone who has given up on her son (b/c I haven't I just feel like we need to work around some things that just are hinderances and not going away)but DS has been working on reversals and using tricks for reversals and working on writing and doing OT since he was 4. I mean, really. Sometimes ya gotta kind-of move on.

Irena, you absolutely don't sound like someone who is giving up on your son - just look at all you are doing for him!

I do understand though how people who don't understand dysgraphia may feel like it's "giving up" - I was imagining that very thing about *me* as I was writing my reply - thinking about how other folks would read what I wrote and think I was advocating taking the easy way out and letting my ds down by not making him stick with handwriting. But that's just it - they have a disability. They can't use handwriting like a neurotypical student can. Would you tell your ds to not wear his glasses during math if he needed them to see? Would you ask a vision therapist to come in and do vision therapy at the same time he's being instructed in math?

No way!

And no, no way are you giving up on him - you're doing an excellent job of standing up *for* him!

polarbear