Thanks all. Exactly my concerns.

Fwiw, the school is accommodating. Of course, to get these accommodations I had a huge battle with the school last year and the accommodations are mostly based on his diagnosis of EDS and the pain it causes in his hands rather than dysgraphia. Genetisist wrote a note to the school saying use of scribes, computer and technology rather than physically writing was medically necessary. I think it's the only reason they stopped fighting me on the accommodations. He gets scribes and he types a lot of his work (particularly lang. arts/writing workshop stuff) on the computer. He still does most of his math on worksheets. For questions where he has to do writing (like 'explain your answer' or 'create your own word problem') a person scribes for him. Otherwise with numbers and computation and such he's been on his own. And all of his numbers are reversed. He will also do tons in his head to avoid writing. School put Panther Math Paper on the ipads for him and see how that goes; but, unfortunately the panther math app does not seem to allow one to pdf worksheets, which they are disappointed about (God forbid we do something other than worksheets!). I am not sure why they think having the OT in math class is good idea. I did find out from DS that Mr. OT does come in during writing and writing workshop to support/help with typing and keyboarding. That seems okay, I guess - DS says he's fine with it. And I like that it is moving him on beyond the disability to developing a skill that it appears he has no trouble acquiring - typing. I guess they want to extend the same idea to math class and the reversals? I really don't know. It seems suspicious to me.

ETA I routinely find other students work in my son's school bag (apparently my kid is not the only with EF issues LOL) Anyway, just tonight I got found another classmates writing in my sons bag. This student wrote about 6 or sentences - a whole paragraph .. beautifully (I mean clearly written by a 7 or 8 year old but really nice) - no reversals, nothing. MY DS could NEVER accomplish that. Unbelievable. I shudder to think how bad off he'd be if he had no accommodations.

Last edited by Irena; 02/11/14 03:47 PM.