I agree 100% with HWT for all the same reasons above. And use all the materials for your son (little chalk board and wooden letter parts, etc.) because those are just the things that might help him (I did make my wooden letter pieces out of craft foam sheets though instead of buying the wood pieces, the teacher's manual for K level has the patterns).

Oh and I always made my assignments for my sons' based on time. 10 minutes tops and then we pick up the next day. The idea is to do it right and not rush to finish a specific amount. With your son you could break it into a learning session (minimal writing with chalk and more manipulation with the pieces of the letters) and then a separate...review what we learned earlier and practice in the work book but cut it short of when he gets pain. The practice pages aren't huge anyway but you can always be creative with how you assign the practice.

And you wouldn't believe the number of times I have considered becoming a certified HWT instructor. If I thought I could make a living from it, I would.

Last edited by Sweetie; 09/18/13 06:32 AM.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary