To date, the only registered activity DS has participated in is a group music class. This fall, we plan to add a general sports program that teaches children a variety of ball sports and a weekly swimming class. Sports are such a great equalizer, and I'd like him to get some familiarity with team based play. Three activities running for a total of 2 hours per week seems about right for his age.

Individual short music lessons are available starting at age 3 locally, which we'll consider if DS continues to be exuberant about his music class. My hope is that he will pick his instrument. At such a young age, I'm most eager to enroll DS in generalist programs that feel like play.

Originally Posted by madeinuk
I fully intend t take my DD shooting now that she is responsible enough. I am determined to have her learn firearms safety and proficiency. Too many people these days have an phobia of firearms. I want my DD to be informed and arrive at her own conclusions in her own time.

ITA. Target shooting is a favourite activity that I share with my Dad. I'd love to teach my son when he's mature enough, too, if he shows an interest.

What is to give light must endure burning.