Well, HK, that list looks pretty darned impressive to me! If that's not enough to look good on a college application, then my kids are destined for community college. Which is where I went, for the same reason, I suppose. But as long as they're doing what they're interested in, I don't care.

DD7 is in her second year of dance, which she hadn't overtly expressed an interest in but I signed her up for anyway last year because she is such a "dancy" thing. Last year, she didn't hate it but I didn't really think she loved it either, until we got the video back from the recital. Since then, she has been obsessed with watching it every day and practicing everybody's dance routines, and couldn't wait to start again this year. So I guess I chose it for her, based on her interests, and now she chooses it herself.

DS10 just started cross-country, about the same way. He really seemed to like the little bit of track that they got in 4th and 5th grade, for the all-schools track meet at the end of the year, and he's built for either running or wrestling, not much else, so I kind of kept at him about going out for track this year. Like his sister, he didn't seem to hate the idea, but I wasn't sure he loved it either, but he was into the idea enough to sign up when school started, and he seems to be thriving on it.

I intend to push him into knowledge bowl the same way, and expect the same results. I don't think my kids have any burning passions, but I didn't either -- the problem is, my parents never pushed me into anything and I think they probably should have. We don't have the money to do every activity in the book, and I don't have the time for it, either, but I do intend to make sure they do a few things.

I would like to have them do target shooting, but DS's Asperger's difficulties manifest in such a way that I am a little afraid of teaching him to shoot. Maybe DD when she's a little bit older.