Originally Posted by doubtfulguest
our policy was going to be, "you must do one arts and one athletics + swimming because that's a life skill."

but for some unknown reason, DD5 picked dance on her own at 1 yr (though she couldn't start for over a year) and now she's dancing 4 days a week + swimming, so maybe that kind of worked out anyway, because dance is both athletics and arts?

and who knows, maybe the dance won't last, and i'll have to fall back on the "rule."

This was my parent's policy growing up, and I picked dance and piano as a child. I went through the entire swim program at the Y from mommy and me (which was called "Tadpoles" back then to "Flying Fish" (which I completed maybe around 10). We went to lessons 8-9 months of the year.

My DS is only 4. He takes a tumbling and trampolining class at a local gym which he loves and I just signed him up again for swim class. He has taken some group music classes, and I considered starting private lessons this fall, but I dont think he is ready. He loves the art classes at the museum so I will probably sign him up for those again.