Originally Posted by Pemberley
I think the sight words will be HUGE in helping with the reading difficulties so I really want to find a way for her to learn them without freaking her out. I see a lot of stumbling blocks with the spelling words too but also more ways to make learning them fun.

Pemberley, does your dd learn well from audio info? There's an online spelling program that was recommended for my youngest dd (she has an associative memory challenge that makes it tough for her to remember visual connections and she retains information much better if it's learned via audio input). I don't know if it would help, but I'll look up the link to it and post it for you.

I also know so well how you feel in wishing you had someone to help with a clear roadmap for your dd - fwiw, I think that you are that someone! You're doing a tremendous job of seeking answers and solutions and really doing everything you can to understand your dd's challenges - and you're doing a great job of coordinating the various information and experts so that you can come up with a plan. Hang in there!!!

polarbear