Originally Posted by Isaiah09
Grinity, I feel like if I will be switching daycare's and schools all the time if I run away every time some ignorant person acts funny or makes a snide remark about how my son is. My main concern is his safety, however, I really am not sure what the best decision here is. I don't think anyone can be sure, so all I can do is follow my gut, pray and hope all goes well.

I'm going to hope that there really aren't that many people who continually make these kinds of comments in front of you and your son. Although I haven't really encountered this type of behavior to the extent you have, I have felt responsibility to get my kiddo in better educational environments. The main point I wanted to convey to my son is that if he expresses concerns about a situation that is not a good fit (in our case, he wasn't learning new stuff), then he could count on his parents to help him out to get him in a better situation. Since we intervened in his educational settings early on, my son has been more comfortable with school decisions we've made later, including switching schools a couple times to find a better fit. I know your situation is a little different, since you're dealing with childcare and someone who is not your child's teacher, but he's still in a less than ideal setting, so just mentioning my story for comparison's sake.

Your son is still quite young, and it sounds like the woman's comments didn't have much effect on him. It's hard to know at that age. I guess even at that age I might have a conversation with my kiddo to let him know that his parents don't always agree with what other adults say.

You know your kiddo best, and you know your community best. Just my 2 cents.