I also hope we haven't stolen JenSMP's topic but I tried to word things about multi-sensory and non-linear because I think the idea suits ADHD as well.

That's neat, La Texican...very inspired.

I personally believe in the learning styles thing (everyone has certain strengths and to use those strengths to learn is the most lasting and also the most pleasant). You can't have it your way all the time in life, but for helping a child at home you can know or learn their strengths and try to reinforce (or re-teach) the material in the way that suits them best. I think the child appreciates it also.

If I have to look something up alphabetically (or search in the library) I always sing the alphabet song from Sesame Street or other things (my DD and I both like that "ninja e" song from the Electric Company). And when I see two vowels in a row and it's English, I remember my 1st grade teachers' little picture of two vowels on a walk, holding hands, and the first one is saying "SHHHH...I'll do the talking" to the second one.

It's just a flash in the brain, and of course I don't sing the alphabet song out loud...in public...but it's in my head and gets me where I need to be. So who cares how I remember it and if it's not that black-and-white or traditional?