Originally Posted by passthepotatoes
While PG may seem scary initially, some stuff that scares us turns out to be wonderful.

I am seconding this, though moving off on a tangent. We went into testing after having read Ruf's levels, and thinking "well, it's a relief we don't have a PG kid, because that would be so hard." Then we got results pegging our kid as PG. But he's certainly not what I thought of at the time as PG - he is not one of those kids who stands out as doing amazing things. He's pretty quiet and blends well. He does not act out in class if he's in the wrong placement, as he is a teacher pleaser who doesn't want to get into trouble. He is sort of "sneaky" PG; every once in awhile he'll say something so amazing that it reminds you that he's a little different.

I guess my point, if I have one, is that PG comes in all different shapes and sizes and flavors. There are those prodigious PG kids, who are obvious to all, and then there are a whole lot of others who test into it, and who do learn at an extremely fast rate and know tons of stuff and test really high all the time, but you wouldn't necessarily think of them as PG if you just happened to meet them.

Also, it's hard to say if your kiddo will level off or not, but I'm guessing that she won't seem so extreme in a few years. Our DS probably did most of the things your DD did at an early age, but once you get in school the other kids who learn things at the normal developmental time start to know a lot of that stuff too, so your kid doesn't seem quite as out there. It's when they're really young that they really stand out. (I remember hearing people say, shocked, "Did the BABY just say that!?") I'm not saying that "they all even out", but rather than it's not quite as extreme as the other kids have finally gotten to the first level, and some of them have strengths in certain areas, etc. I'm still surpised whenever my kiddo brings home these super high test scores, since he doesn't seem out there to me anymore after meeting the other kids, but he still is.