Just a thought--research your options, but don't assume you know your kids' giftedness levels yet for sure. I agree that you should look at your 3yo first for now. I do have a daughter whose early milestones were very much like your DD's but who appears to be more MG or HG. She is definitely not PG, anyway. Also, my son (who is 3) had fewer early milestones and was not nearly as dazzling as she as a young toddler, but now seems to be well on the road to reading at 3 (DD did not read till nearly 5). I suspect he may end up to be of similar IQ as DD, maybe even higher. However, he is more of a go-along kid whereas DD is a major squeaky wheel.

In other words, in your shoes I would assume that both kids are gifted and that it's hard to tell who is more so and who will need what. Definitely do your research, but don't lock yourself into a particular opinion just yet. They are both really young.

ETA: FWIW, our local distruct requires 99th% IQ OR qualification via an alternate program intended to ID ESL or otherwise disadvantaged students for entry into the GT program. We are only in our 3rd week of FT gifted school but so far the kids seem to certainly be gifted, not just high achievers.

Last edited by ultramarina; 09/08/11 07:34 AM.