Originally Posted by Cricket2
[quote=landofthelost] . Perhaps if you paid for outside IQ testing they might be more willing (?). I think that our school system didn't worry a ton about other parents coming and saying that our dd was skipped so why wasn't theirs b/c we had a ton of data including IQ scores that most of the other kids didn't have. It was easier to say that this one child had different needs and more data to support it. I wonder if they worry that all parents with kids who score well on one achievement test will start beating down the doors asking for grade skips. Of course, I can't imagine doing that if it wasn't going to work out well for my kid!

I have considered this. The one issue is really the money. From what I have seen it is 1200-1800/ We did pay to have her tested through Northwestern's CTD for their Saturday enrichment. I did give them those results(they asked to see them) and told them I would give them her end of session evaluation. Just between my ds4 preschool tuition, the extra activities with dd6 and my new little man money is tighter than usual. I was hoping we could possibly hold off b/c we can use that money for CTD summer program, but we may have to do the testing. I will ask at the meeting if they will even take those results. The curriculum director seems to think she is too little for their test, so I wonder if they feel she is too little for them all. If anyone has any good recomendations for testing in the chicagoland area that they have used that would be great. CTD has a person they use, but would be open to other suggestions.