Mich- Yep you are right which is the one thing that doesnt fit...Although her play, while imaginative, it can be extreamly repatative and often comes from something she has seen, read, or heard about. For example, she was the virgin Mary while my mom was here, and we had to be the inn keepers and we had to start over upteen times because we didn't do it exactly right, however once we did, she played the same thing (put a bowl in her shirt, knock on the door, ask for room, we say no, tell her about the stable, She asks if it is to small, she goes and has a baby, brings out the baby doll while bowl drops out of dress, then comes and says "look at my baby" we say wow, whats his name, Jesus she says, then we had to ask how she named him that, and she says "An angel of the lord told me to" and does a whole speel) Then she does this over again from start to finsh for an entire hour or more....more than 30 times the exact same thing. This happens ALL the time.

I alternate between ADHD (but she can concentrate and focus when she wants, but she has to be doing other things to. DH and I have ALWAYS said, while she can do any puzzle, she probably couldn't do the simplest one if you made her sit still and be quite during it. Even when she is focused on a task, she is standing on one leg, twirling around, singing constantly, or talking about something that has nothing to do with the thing she is doing), Aspergers, but she plays and doesn't fit that 100 percent I dont think, but I don't know, Seneory issues, I have no clue. I was a family therapist before having her and I just know something is different, but I have no way of knowing how to seperate it from the giftedness

There is a chance of having her evaluated her. My teacher friend said the psych for the school district is comming end of Jan. She is talking to the couselor and sped teacher tomorrow to see if we can get Ansley eval by them even though she is not in the school system. OUr choice right now since they do offer preschool, but its not a good fit. It is an academic based where they seperate 3 and 4, and the 4's are just learning letters, and the 3's learn colors and shapes. DD asked not to go after observing. She would much rather spend the day doing 2nd grade math, and reading chapter books, and 3rd grade science. So I dont know if they have to eval or not. Hopefully I will know something tomorrow either way.

Last edited by amazedmom; 01/14/11 01:37 AM.

DD6- DYS
Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.