I have bad feelings about that book because a friend read it and has taken it to mean that correcting her children at all is stifling their "masculinity" and that it is ok for them to act awful because "boys will be boys". Also, her husband has taken this to mean any type of creative task assigned at school is trying to make a girl out of his son.

acs since you and kimck have recommended it, it makes me think that this is probably not the point the book was trying to make. I think boys can be masculine and "manly" without being completely rude and out of control. My kids want to wrestle all the time but the problem is someone always winds up hurt and crying. So I'd rather they'd not wrestle - but not because I care about that type of play, but because they don't seem to be able to handle it. I also love them doing creative type things at school and at home and don't think this will make them any less masculine. Anyway, maybe I should give this book a try and see what I get out of it. smile