Originally Posted by Dottie
(Speaking of doubts, can you believe that I still question whether he's really "that smart" or if they just really like my willingness to run copies on end, ROFL!)

This doesn't suprise me at all. During the Gifted Conference I attended as part of Splash's Parent Program, it became clear to me that our key struggle as parents of gifted, and ourselves gifted, is

LACK of TRUSTABLE REFERENCE POINTS

Our experience is so deviant from the norm, that we really lack a reasonable yardstick to judge ourselfs from, so we pick a direction, make a step and doubt, doubt, doubt. I mean really, the fact that we are all getting advice from anonymous folks over the Internet is shocking! Although Wonderful! Basically it's here, family members, Nowhere, or occasionally certian schools. That is so much less than it should be for most of us. Which is why I chant the name of my "best books" over and over - Iowa Acceleration Scale Manual, Ruf, Rimm, A Nation Decieved, Genius Denied.

Still if we face this lack, I think it's possible to acknowledge the doubts and see that it isn't a defect of you. If you were walking down a dark ally in a bear infested ally, you'd be nervous, right?

Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com