hkc75 and Belle,

Can you speak to the SPD vs. Aspberger's at all? We had an Aspberger's/PDD-NOS diagnosis years ago (when my DS11 was 6) and as I read more and more about giftedness and misdiagnosis in the Webb book I am wondering if what we're really dealing with is giftedness and SPD, not Aspberger's.

He has always had sensory issues and a lot of the things that we're really disruptive behaviors early on he has sort of learned to cope with over time.

But the major factors that still present are his constant motion, repetitive movement and sensory type responses to sounds, food, textures etc. I know it is not ADD as he has no problem concentrating--he just doesn't sit still very much. (He is also a drummer so imagine the dinner table at our house!)

He also does not seem to know where he "is in space"--he runs into me a lot, door frames, knocks things over, etc. though he is fairly coordinated with group sports like baseball and soccer and very good at archery.

He is fairly inflexible in a school setting and that in part with his boredom in class and constant movement has led me to begin homeschooling several months ago. (He is much happier BTW).

We have never done any OT for his diagnosis but I am reading with interest about the brushing, wrapping, etc. Any further thoughts?

Can you recommend any good sources for further reading?

Thanks a bunch.