I completely understand your dilemma. In fact, I share it. DS6 WISC scores are FSIQ: 118, GAI: 129. Doesn't jibe with his capabilities and what ALL of his teachers at three different schools have told me. So, I'm trying to do the homeschool thing right now and working on the sensory issues and stuff. The large public school environment was wreaking havoc on his senses, anyway. I hope that within say, 3-6 months, I can retest him on the SB and see where we are. There is no way this child has an IQ of 118, that's for sure. I was told that he was in constant motion during the test and very distracted and during that time, I had trouble with him during lessons as well, so I know what he was like.

It's terrible too because he tells me that his class is called kindergarten but the work is actually for babies. He was complaining about the level of work every single day and I could see what he meant when I saw the curriculum. I fear that this is a common conundrum. I honestly think that hs is the only option right now so that I can truly observe him, straighten him out, then retest him and get him into a more appropriate environment.

doddlebug, can you explain how balance and constant motion relate to each other? I've heard about how vestibular issues affect those kind of things and I could use some free clarification. Ha ha! By the way, hkc75, do you have a suspended swing at home or a sit and spin?