Originally Posted by Kriston
So no one who is not also in the business can know if a person has a lot of business? I know that he has a long waitlist for appointments because I know other parents of GT kids who are trying to get their kids in to see him. He is not out scraping up work.

I know he is well-regarded because my son was tested by him and I live in the area he serves. He's a national expert. Seriously. His books are highly regarded by parents, educators and other psychologists. He is a proponent of serving the needs of GT kids. If you are the parent of a GT child, you tend to learn these things.

Again, I am not saying that the child in question requires that much testing. I have no idea if it's necessary or worth the money. It's a lot of money.

I *am* saying that you don't know that the child *doesn't* need it, and I'm saying that there are better ways to ask if that much testing is necessary than to smear Dr. Amend's reputation without even knowing him as you did.

I didn't say you had to know him professionally to know whether he has a lot of business. I said you would have to know him and work with him professionally to know if he was a good doctor. You used him and were happy with the results. So you assume he is a good doctor. What about the parents that used him and didn't like the results, I'm pretty sure they would simply assume that he was a bad doctor. In any event, neither parent is really going to know if he is a good doctor or not.

You should reread what you wrote... "I know he is well-regarded because my son was tested by him and I live in the area he serves." Do you really think because a doctor performs a test and live in your area that he is "well-regarded"?

I must say that considering how you assume anyone even mentioning that his prices are high or that he seems to want to do a lot of testing is smearing his name, makes me wonder if you are maybe his wife or mother.