Originally Posted by BWBShari
Touche' Kriston!!

I've been told the same thing about Dr Silverman. $1500. is alot of money but it's all about perspective. Just how important is your child? Would you pay 1500 for surgery? In my mind this is diagnostics, same as you would have done for a physical problem. As far as having it done cheaper somewhere else? Maybe it is a little on the "overkill" side but isn't it better to get it done once and get it done right?

The goal is always to get it done right... but you appear to be assuming that the price has any relationship to the quality of the service. Does a Rolex keep better time than a Seiko watch? No, in fact a Seiko would be capable of more accurate time... Smart money would look at the average rate for a procedure, and then look at other factors to decide which doctor to use. Just going out and saying I want the most expensive doctor isn't going to insure you get quality care.

Most people would pay price when it comes to their children, that fact is also known and used by some people to charge excessive fees.