Thank You for the reply Grinity, I am new to this board so trying to figure it all out. Funny you mention homeschool, I joke around to family that I will have to homeschool. I did find out in NYC we can only legaly homeschool for 1/2 a day.
Yesterday he came home and told me I would have to order the 4th grade phonics book since the teacher told him she would not order it since he is going through the books too fast. I was just so sad hearing this, just makes me want to cry. As you mentioned stuck between a rock and a hard place. I am glad you mentioned small private school too. There is one I was thinking about very small need IQ 130+ to get in. I am worried about the social aspect of such a small school like you had mentioned. It is far from us too, so that would also be a burden as you mentioned. The class he is is now is comprised of 1st and 2nd graders. I thought about sending him back down to kindergarten but worried that may cause other problems. I like the description "unique" child, I usually say he is an anomaly, "unique" sounds nicer LOL. We will try the gifted public in Sept. I dk what to expect from them but honestly am already expecting problems. My head is in a million places right now SORRY!! It is finally nice to speak to others who understand. Your DS must be something else w/too high to measure IQ scores!! Mine is not that high.