Hi Kriston,
You are right about having a bigger problem with the school.
I have pretty mich given up at this point and trying to get through the rest of the year. The teacher tells me he has friends etc. I know my son can't make this stuff up. The teacher is also the owner of the school. She is running the school and teaching 3 different grades. I think it is impossible she prob doesn't have much of a clue what is going on.
This kids have bdays in school so age is a common topic in the class. I am not sure about who is is being rejected from or how he is trying to make friends. Lately he tells me he has gotten user names of others who play poptropica. So he does have video games in common like nintendo DS etc. The writing I think is a big issue. He can't write "nice" like the older kids. I mean his writing can be really really messy. That is easy thing for the older kids to make fun of.
I agree skipping may be fine for some kids. My son is not "emotionally" ahead. But just last night he told me he finished his 3rd grade phonics book and the teacher told him she wouldn't give him the 4th grade book because he jumps ahead. So what do I do now? He flies though the books and now gets yelled at for it. UGH!! yes I have major school problems! Any advice on how to handle this?