Originally Posted by seablue
Katelyn'sMom, from what I remember about what you've said, your DD is way, way out there ahead of the pack. It should be interesting how she does next year. I love the thought of her being the youngest, and I look forward to hearing what her teachers say next fall!

Just wanted to share our experience today with the preschool since we toured the school this morning. They had established an area for the kids to interact with each other and DD, as usual, dummy down her verbal abilities when talking to the other kids but still I got these looks from the other mothers and finally someone asked 'Exactly how old is she?' I quickly replied she is 2 1/2 making sure to add the 1/2 to make her as old as possible. And this was the watered down version of DD.

Then while they were talking to us about the program the kids (that could) were playing with these foam boards with pegs. They were adding one at a time into each hole. I looked over at DD and she had stacked the pegs 6+ high. Again I get the strange looks from the other moms. But overall I have to say I am really hopeful that the preschool is a good fit and DD is super excited about it all.