At our house, it is three kids, three different approaches to puzzles (but not one of them did/does the edges first!):

Harpo was brilliant at them very early (200 piece ones he'd never seen before, done completely solo, at age 2), but he had the strangest way of doing them--he'd do them left to right in a row straight across one row at a time, then "carriage return", like a typewriter, back to the left edge, then another row straight across again, then "carriage return," etc., until it was done.

Groucho liked piling up the puzzle boxes and making forts out of them! He's my action man, and had/has no interest at all in sitting there sticking little bits of cardboard together, thank you. He likes building things (for example, he has a little woodworking kit he loves), but doesn't see any point in anything with no practical application.

Chico is also very good at puzzles (similar size and complexity to Harpo, but at age 3, rather than 2); he does them in what I consider a more "normal" way (i.e. the way I like to do them myself blush)--he sorts the bits into groups--all the castle pieces in this pile, all the horse bits in that pile, all the knight bits in this pile, etc., then builds one bit at a time, and then links the bits at the end. The Ravensburger puzzles seem very well-suited to this approach--there are lots of individual "chunks" in most of those puzzles, without lots of overlapping or "dead" background space.

It's fun to watch, isn't it? Have a good time with your little one!

peace
minnie